Yesterday was such a GREAT day for a number of reasons.:
1) I turned in my LAST Design II project EVER and people liked it= YAY! I’m done with working with powertools and sharp objects for as long as I can help it!
2) I turned in my LAST two Drawing II projects EVER!
The “triad” project was my favorite of the semester and I think I’m going to end up giving it to my friend for Christmas in a really cute frame. My friend Angela added in critique, “You can tell in your drawings that you don’t take yourself too seriously, and I like that. I think it’s a good thing.” I was like, yeah that’s pretty true. lol.
The “Time of Day” was basically a one night project. I was so ready to be done with the class I didn’t have much motivation to do it so you can tell it really wasn’t my best drawing. As we were commenting on each other’s work, a guy in my class said, “You can tell that the person who did this drawing has a really colorful and fun personality.” That made me feel pretty good about it.
3) It was really fun talking and goofing off with my friends in Drawing for the first 45 minutes or so before we started critique. I hope I see them around next semester, they are really fun and I love laughing with them.
4) After class Trevor picked me up and we went to his house to make lunch and chill for a bit. He made us some of his “famous quesadillas” haha. They were great.
5) We headed off to Southlake to spend time with his family for the evening and celebrate his mom’s birthday. I made her a card which was super cute if i do say so myself. I absolutely LOVE Trevor’s family. We hung out at the house for a bit and then went to a fancy dinner with the whole family. It was soooo good! Peyton and I got the same thing off the kids menu- Penne with Alfredo and Shrimp, YUM! Trevor wanted to share something with me too so we split a salad, hehe I thought it was cute. I feel so greatful to be apart of their family and spend time with so often. I was smiling the whole evening.
6) We finished the night off with the weekly soccer game in the Colony. Anna was there so it was fun rooting on our boys and cheering when they scored a goal. It was a good game, they won 7 to 6 with less than a minute left.
Anyway so yeah, it was just a great day. I am so relieved to be done with Design and Drawing and now I can start painting Christmas presents for people, with the occasional studying for finals in between. I don’t feel stressed about it though. I have two Quizzes tomorrow for Design and Drawing and then I’m done with those forever. I have my Art History Final Monday then History Essay Final on Wednesday. No big.