Many of you wonderful, thoughtful, godly, people have been asking me, “How can I pray for you?”
Well, to be very honest there are many things I need prayer for right now with so much stuff going on. I’m sorry that this is so long by the way.
First though, many praises to God for all the things I have been blessed with. I am so thankful for:
1. Not dying in the 112 degree heat as we moved everything into my 3rd floor apartment on Monday.
2. Trevor, the most wonderful boyfriend, who helped moved all my heavy stuff. Not only did he help me move in, but he calms me down when I get upset or stressed about anything and he is always encouraging me. I still can’t believe what a blessing he is to me.
3. My mom sent me a heartwarming email last night, knowing exactly what I needed to hear. She reminded me of one of my grandma’s favorite verses: Proverbs 3:5-6, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways aknowledge him and he will make your paths straight.” Thank you mom and thank you Jesus.
4. Wonderful roommates. I can’t wait to see what the year brings. I love these girls and I can’t wait to become closer with Rachel, Gargi and Macey.
5. My attitude toward my classes right now. I am excited! I can’t wait to get back into art classes and creating my projects for classes!
I am praying for these things and you can pray for me in this way:
1. I need to keep calm and give all my worries to God. I need to have faith that he will take care of everything.
2. Keeping my time with God consistant when I wake up every morning, even if it means waking up early or delaying breakfast 20 minutes. (That may not seem like much of a sacfirice, but it really is for me. I am hungry the minute I wake up every morning. hehe.)
3. Peace among this apartment. I pray that we all get along and there will be no conflicts among us. I pray that we become closer with eachother and we can enjoying being together, making this place a home.
4. My relationship with Trevor, it has been one month exactly today and so far, things are GREAT! But I pray that we will continue to encourage eachother spiritually, put God first in our lives before anything or anyone else, and have open comminication with eachother as well.
5. This one is the biggest thing on my mind right now: Finding a new church home. As much as I LOVE Grace Fellowship so much, I know that God is calling me to a church in Denton. I need a place where I can A) be a dependable servant, B) where I can invite people to come with me from school, and C) most importantly: be in a life group with other college students who are going through the same things I am going through. This is 100% out of my comfort zone because if I had things my way, I would stay at Grace. I don’t want to leave my family, my church family, and the kids I am usually with every week, but I know that this is what God wants for my life. I can accept that this is what He wants for me, but the hardest thing will be submitting to his direction. Please pray that I can do this. I know I am not alone, Trevor will be visiting churches with me here, but still- I know it will be hard. I need to have a good attitude and an open mind about it.
Thank you so much for your prayers. You have no idea what it means to me, knowing that someone is thinking about me and praying for me. Really, thank you.